[Coco] SuperIDE on my 6809 computer

Tue Jul 31 23:23:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

I suggest that you look at FLEX, a Disk Operating system that is much
simpler to bring up on a unique computer the first time.

There is a Flex Development System package that I used to bring up my first
(almost from scratch) 6809 computer.

While sample code is supplied for Disk I/O and Console, you must write your
own code for your particular hardware.

The entire FLEX package including the manuals (Which I have hard copy) is
available online. (FREE)

There is a FLEX emulator available also which would help the process.

A simple HEX monitor for a 6809 CPU is also available.

NitrOS-9 without the Graphics as Aaron suggested, is IMHO not as good an
option.

Any storage system and a dumb computer terminal program is all that you
need.

If you can read and write 256 byte sectors from any device, you are ready to
install FLEX.

SHF