[Coco] Memory upgrade TRS-80?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jul 30 20:45:44 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:18:53PM -0400, mike delyea wrote:

> "Last month I mentioned my desire to upgrade the RAM in my TRS-80 Model 4P
> to 128KB. To that end, I ordered a TRS-80 Model 4 RAM upgrade kit from
> computernews80 ($28, available via their eBay store).

What I've never been able to find out is how useful this upgrade is.
I know LS-DOS (aka TRSDOS6) can do some bank switching tricks but is
there any software that actually uses the second 64K?

My 4P is completely original and unopened -- the warranty sticker is
still intact! It's not worth loosing that cool factor if nothing's
going to use the extra RAM.

Opinions?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org