[Coco] NitrOS9 boot disk

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jul 17 08:39:02 EDT 2012

Bill wrote:
> Has anyone built a 40 column, white screen boot disk and made a dsk out of
> it? I have been trying for a couple of weeks without success (my TV is too
> old and blurry to see very well). I've been able to edit startup with a
> patch that goes through all the boot-up and FINALLY makes a 40 column white
> screen, but I'd love to start out that way to begin with.
>

> Thanks

Bill,

Unless you really like the challenge, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.
Use the script, mb.floppy, on the appropriate 80d disk from
http://www.nitros9.org/latest/
in the directory NITROS9/6X09L2/SCRIPTS.
You have not indicated whether you want a 6809 or 6309 image which is why there
is an X above.

Change the entry that contains rel_80 to rel_40 and run the script. That will
build the disk you want.