[Coco] Coco 3 emulator and Linux

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Jul 11 11:54:05 EDT 2012

Keith,

I'm not an expert on Wine; but if I experienced this, I would probably
first try running the application (VCC) from the command line with Wine
to see if any error messages appeared when it crashed. I would also
check the various log files in Ubuntu (keep the Log File Viewer open and
running while to try, just to see if/where the messages pop up when it
crashes). I would also look and see if Wine itself has any logging of
its own (I don't know if it does, but I would think it would).

I forgot to mention that I am also running 64-bit on an Intel processor
(with an nVidia chipset, IIRC), and I probably have the Intel 32-bit
wrapper/extensions installed too (not sure if any of that would make a
difference; I've had this system so long and so many "extras" and such
are on it - not all from "canonical" sources, that it's become a bit of
a "frankenbox"). My vidcard is also nVidia.

Do other programs under Wine work ok for you? I guess what I am getting
at is whether you installed Wine just for VCC, or if you have used it
for other things in the past and everything was ok (I've got a few
things on mine; EagleCAD, Google Sketchup, and VCC)...

That's about all the help I can give (and to be honest, I don't know if
VCC is completely stable; I've only scratched the surface of it; I don't
really like using Wine for anything if I can avoid it).

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona