[Coco] CM-8 Service Manual

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Mon Jul 9 15:16:58 EDT 2012

Haven't had luck finding someone who will look at it.
The guy I used to use closed up, and moved to Texas.

Maybe a description might ring someone's bell as to what it is?
I can see the screen, but it's trapezoidal - narrower on top, about 2" of black border on both sides on bottom, about 3" on both sides up top.
Screen is legible, just wierdly shaped, and packed to the middle. Kinda reminds you of the old 80's driving video games, trying to do a perspective view of
a road going into the distance.

Roy is backed up with the VGA converters, and I can't get anyone to fix it, and the 80col screens aren't really legible, especially as my eyes aren't as good
as they were 25Y ago :) So, I got this nice, shiny, new SuperIDE and a Sardis FDC and a repaired J&M FDC... and I can't use it.

Ideas on what the issue might be?

I have a referral, but they guy says he doesn't do monitors, because it's impossible to get parts.
However, cracking this thing open last night, it's mostly discrete components, not a bunch of proprietary parts.
Wonder if I shouldn't just swing by with it to see if he'll take a crack at it if it's not proprietary stuff?

Tony