[Coco] DW3/HDB-DOS

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Sat Jul 7 00:41:44 EDT 2012

OK - Forgive me, never done HDB-DOS before, and neither the SuperIDE!

OK - so I got a SuperIDE w/256MB CF card from Mark.

I have a 512MB Kingston I want to set up. Swap cards, and then I have to build a new ROM to flash into another flash bank on the SUperIDE, correct?
HDD/CF parameters are hard-coded into the HDB-DOS ROM file? Or can the same EPROM/Flashbank be shared between drives?
If not, is EPROM.DOS the file I would program into the SuperIDE Flash bank I wish to use?

Current flashbanks:
0:blank
1:blank
2:256MB CF HDB-DOS
3:DW3

512KB CoCo3, 6309+Pro-tector

MPI setup:
Slot1:empty
Slot2:empty
Slot3:SuperIDE 512MB Kingston CF in CF slot
Slo4:26-3029 RS FDC w/RS-DOS 1.1 + Qume 360K DS/DD 40T FDD

Tony