[Coco] The Friday Ebay-madness bit

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 6 06:23:04 EDT 2012

On 6/07/2012 7:47 PM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> Four bid offers rejected, I wonder for how much they were... $4.00? $5.00?

You may scoff, but it's indicative of where things are headed rather
quickly. Take cartridges for the NES, SNES and N64 for example; they can
fetch ridiculous prices depending on the title. Aside from the really rare
carts going for thousands of dollars, there's a handful of titles that fetch
hundreds, and _more_ than a handful that fetch up to $100. In some cases,
it's not even related to rarity - precedence alone seems to set the price!?!

I'm not suggesting that this particular pak is worth the asking price, but
it's not unreasonable for someone to 'go fishing' around this price point if
they have no idea what it's worth. And if someone does pay a silly price,
you'll see more coming out of the woodwork and demanding similar prices.

There's always 3-4 copies of Mario Party 2 for the N64 on eBay at any one
time, yet it still fetches ~$50-60 each time. I don't really understand how
that works!?!

Hold on to your Coco carts people! Unfortunately, I only own one!!! :(

Regards,