[Coco] CoCo Book Project

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Jul 3 21:59:30 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

For about 4 years now, I've been working "on and off" on a project that I envisioned to be a total history of the Color Computer, going all the way back to its first inception, up to and including today.  Over that time, I've collected a ton of information and made contact with a number of folks who had a major impact on the CoCo.  Recently, I decided it was time to pick up the project again and finish it, and so I've started to do just that.

I want to be clear: this is going to be a work of significance for the CoCo and those who used it over the years.  My vision is to make it THE DEFINITIVE WORK on the history of our beloved computer.

In order to accomplish this lofty goal, I have asked author Bill Loguidice (http://armchairarcade.com/) to join me as a co-author, and he has graciously agreed.  Bill is an accomplished author and has published several books in this genre.  You can see his list here:  http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS

My reason for posting this, aside from announcing this project and the collaboration with Bill, is to solicit information from people who have been with the Color Computer going as far back its inception.  We're interested in folks who have both photos and stories of RAINBOWfests going back as early as the first one in 1983.  I know there are lurkers on the list who go that far, so please, get in touch with me.

Also, I'm interested in soliciting interviews from notables like Steve Bjork, Art Flexser, et al.  Any suggestions for other folks would be appreciated.

If you can help, or just have suggestions, please via personal email: boisy at tee-boy.com.  I am not prepared to discuss specifics about the book on the list at this point, so I would rather keep this thread short.

Thanks!
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/