[Coco] Help with floppy disk setup - first time user

Blake Patterson blakespot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:20:42 EST 2012

Ugh.

I wish I had a SD solution... :-)

bp

On Tuesday, January 31, 2012, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Fd-500 requires 12vdc...so wont work on CoCo 3...unless you have
multi-pak interface to plug it into?

> Blake Patterson <blakespot at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On Jan 31, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
>>

>>> If you plugged the disk controller into the Coco3 and the drives are
connected to the controller with a ribbon cable, the drives should work.
There aren't many reasons why the drives would not work under these
conditions. But we will need more information.

>>> 1) When you turn the system on with the controller connected, do you
see Disk Basic rather than Extended Basic?

>>No.
>>
>>> 2) What is the model number of the controller? That will identify
whether the controller needs a 12v supply that the Coco3 does not have.

>>Disk Drive FD-500
>>
>>> 3) When you enter a disk command, does any drive start spinning? Are
there any error messages?

>>?SN ERROR
>>

>>Thanks.
>>

>>bp