[Coco] Thoughts on modern computers (sort of off topic)

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:18:37 EST 2012

Then there are people like me. I am proficient in Basic09, and know other
BASIC's enough to get by. I have learned C/C++ over the years, but never
beyond the "console" versions of programs. The problem I have isn't the
programming language ... it's the environment. I still have no clue what
half of the things in the Microsoft C++ environment are, or what they do,
and have never been able to figure out how to "finalize" a project into an
application that I can say "OK these files go in the distribution archive
and these are development files only". I find myself being frustrated to the
point that I don't really consider myself to be a programmer, just a
hobbyist. And I have yet to find a "Getting Started with the <language>
Environment" tutorial, or a "Going Deeper into the <language> Environment"
document. Anymore I just program in Basic09 and stay content in my ability
there.

Wayne