[Coco] 50 pin SCSI adapters?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:21:32 EST 2012

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 03:55:21 +0000
From: Mike Pepe <lamune at doki-doki.net>
Subject: Re: [Coco] 50 pin SCSI adapters?
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>

>>Keep an eye out for ACARD AEC-7720UW IDE / SCSI adapters or bridges. They
sometimes appear on ebay >>for reasonable prices. Never used on a CoCo but
they worked fine on the SCSI RAID cards I was using years >>ago.

Just looking at the part number you posted:  AEC-7720UW gives me the
feeling this is not compatible with 50-pin SCSI devices. The UW to me
implies Ultra Wide, which means 80MB/s, 16 bit data transfers.
50 Pin SCSI is only capable of 8-bit data transfers, and much less than 80
MB/s. It's been too many years since I've worked with the SCSI protocol, I
can't remember the max transfer rate for 8-bit SCSI, but I'd guess around
30 MB/s.

An Adaptec 1540 is definitely an 8/Bit SCSI card, but finding one may be
touch.
Try Ebay or Weird stuff.