[Coco] [OT} Shack: was Re: Coco keyboard trouble

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Tue Jan 17 07:48:51 EST 2012

Like I said before, (I think it was on here). I was browsing around at Christmas and the local RS stores are now carrying electronic hobby kits, you know the bare PCB and components. They also carry Arduino boards and shields, and a propeller board. In addition to those they had a good selection of books to go with them and get started. My local one has a decent assortment of bits and pieces, but the mall store doesn't. (They removed them to make more room for larger retail items.). When my Commodore Pet 2001-8 went out I was able to run down there and get the diodes and voltage regulators I needed to fix it that night. So most of them have gone to crap, but not all. But don't ask for help with the components, you will just get blank stares from the staff.