[Coco] Coco keyboard trouble

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 21:46:02 EST 2012

 > Message: 11
 > Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:04:11 -0200
 > From: Paulo Lindoso <paulo.lindoso at gmail.com>
 > Subject: Re: [Coco] Coco keyboard trouble
 > To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
 >
 > My CoCo3 had the same problem and I fixed it using a silver
 > conductive ink
 > I bought in a small online store down here in Brazil.
 >
 > I did find one in the US before though: http://www.frostfighter.com/
 >
 > I also read somewhere in instructables.com that you can mix colorless
 > nail
 > ink (not sure how to say that in English... stuff women use to paint
 > their
 > nails...) and carbon (ground pencil without the wood would probably
 > do) to
 > achieve the same effect.  Didn't try though.

Paulo - you're thinking nail "polish" - heh. And I wouldn't use ground
pencil lead, as it has a fairly high graphite to clay binder ratio
(thus, less conductive); instead, use powdered graphite lock lubricant
(although I've only been able to find small tubes of the stuff; but one
tube to a small bottle of clear nail polish might not be too bad).

Even better would be to get some carbon rods (from a welding supply
store) and file/sand off some carbon from them.

But I also second the "silver PCB trace repair pens"; there's also some
conductive silver (and I think copper, and steel)-bearing epoxy you
could try - though the silver stuff is rather expensive.

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona