[Coco] Assembly programmation

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Jan 15 19:15:55 EST 2012

Karl S wrote:

> Hi! Could someone help here I started to learn assembly language. I wanna make a game for the coco (coco 2 or 3 will depend on the infos I'll have). I learned how to address for the coco2 but the GIME(coco3) programmation is not likely foundable on the net. If someone could provide me or tell me where to find such information on graphical and gaming programmation in assembly for coco2 and/or coco3, examples etc...
> Thanks a lot
> Karl

Most of the information you need can be found at
http://cococoding.aaronwolfe.com/home/docs
in the entry super-extended-basic-unravelled.pdf and at
ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/UnravelledSeries/

The other reference you will want is the Coco3 service manual which can be found at
ftp://ftp.maltedmedia.com/coco/MANUALS/TANDY/HARDWARE/COCO3/CoCo3SM.pdf

There are many sites that have discussions of programming including the Coco3.
Some examples are
http://cocogamedev.maxforum.org/
http://www.coco3.com/community/

Good sources of information and magazine scans can be found at
http://cococoding.aaronwolfe.com/home

There are several good programs for assembling source code on the Coco or on a
PC for later Coco use. Tandy's Disk EDTASM can be found on the Internet. I sell
a comprehensive patch to enhance Disk EDTASM. Roger Taylor sells Rainbow-IDE and
will be selling Phoenix-IDE for assembling Coco source code on a PC.