[Coco] DW4 4.0.3

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Jan 14 10:54:37 EST 2012

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Almost there... yet another version is available at
> https://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/
>
> new:
> right click on log item(s) to copy, save to file, etc
> right click on ui task items for a variety of actions
> new command line options: --noserver --noui --nomidi --nomount
> automatic restart of failed instances (zombie resurrection mode)
> enabled the barely usable full config editor, much work needed still
> but it can be handy
> random other stuff
>
> fixed:
> fixed disk expansion bug
> fixed hdbdos mode bug
> improved handling of low memory situations
> smoother disk operation on limited machines
>
> -Aaron

Aaron,

I just tried this version 4.0.3 and have some questions.

In one regard it does not work as well as Drivewire3. When I try to mount .vhd
disk images that contain both OS-9 and Disk Basic partitions (MESS or VCC
format), Drivewire4 complains about insufficient memory.
These disk images will mount in Drivewire3 and can be used for both HDBDOS and
NitrOS-9.

Is this a problem with Drivewire4? Is this a problem of insufficient RAM in my
system, 768MB? If these drives (129MB default) can be used with Drivewire4, how
should DW4 be adjusted?