[Coco] A warning to readers regarding Roger Taylor

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 11 11:01:01 EST 2012

Well, the timeline is believable...

What gets lost here is that very few people can design and build things as
clever as the Taylor products.  And then, there really is no reason for him
to share these things--he could be sitting on his own one of a kind drivepak
and we'd never know.  Instead he is basically volunteering to work a rather
stressful job in marketing, building, and delivering these things.  And I'm
sure the goal is to net out a zero when the parts are out the door--not much
of a reward for being exposed to criticism along the way.

If a mistake has been made, it is that all "orders" should be considered and
explained as pre-orders for parts.  No doubt refunds are not an option
because the whole point of collecting the funds in the first place was to be
able to place the order for the parts.

I'd guess Roger is reading all if this.  If I were him, I'd give the squeeky
wheel the grease in the form of a drivepak+refund for second unit.  And
perhaps eBay cannot be used for sales, it is very goods delivery oriented,
and when I use eBay I fully expect to get whatever I bought (most recently a
part for a lawn mower of all things) immediately.

If we want to keep Roger's assembly queue intact, I'd say 60 of us here on
the list should paypal this guy $3 each, fill up his inbox and "refund" his
two purchases... Ha!

-Robert