[Coco] A warning to readers regarding Roger Taylor

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Jan 11 09:01:10 EST 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Fedor Steeman wrote:

> Excuse me, but who the fuck are you!?

Hey, hey... the language.

I've been following Blake's blog for some years.  He's got a well-known and well-respected retrocomputing blog, so he has quite a bit of street cred.  Talking to him like that (or anyone for that matter) is uncalled for.

> Roger Taylor is a well-known and well-respected member of our community,
> and you have come to the wrong address on our CoCo mailing list slandering
> him like that!

You're coming off way too defensive.  Documenting your experiences is not slander, and from what I read, he was very factual and chronological in his documenting what happened.  Accept it for what it is.

> I am sorry for your bad experiences. I personally and many other among us
> have had many good dealings with Roger. Yes, on occassion there were
> delays, but for good reasons always. The worst you could say about Roger is
> that he sometimes overstretches himself and takes more than he can handle.
> But he is no scammer, as you seem to be implying.

My experience:  I ordered a Drive Pak from Roger in early December off of eBay, and I got it reasonably quick.  Whatever the issue is, I'm sure it will come out eventually.