[Coco] Is anyone using Dynastar yet?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 7 23:14:14 EST 2012

On Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:06:46 PM Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 09:53:32PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > I hardly ever use Dynastar but it runs fine in an 80 column window.
> > > All of my Coco window entries in termset use
> > >
> > >   $02\X\Y:$20:$1f$31::$0c:$04:$1f$30:$1f$20:$1f$21:
> > Which doesn't work at all well when running on a minicom screen here.
> > It
>
> Well, that's the OS9 terminal setup.  Minicom emulates, what, vt100?
> vt102?

Its choices are VT100 and ANSI.  When just operating into a shell on /t2, I
cannot see a difference.  There could well be some things I am doing with
the serial translations, I know I'm supposed to be translating cr's from
the coco to LF's here and vice versa but I'm not sure what some of the
other options are doing.

Currently running in ANSI mode I believe.

> >IOW, the CR's are being ignored, and with no
> >
> > linefeeds in a coco file, it just keeps overwriting the last char of
> > that screen line.
>
> Humm, that could be a problem, termset doesn't have any flags about
> that.  Maybe minicom has a setting that can be changed (add linefeed,
> maybe)?

It is being translated, it can "list" a text file containing only CR's
perfectly.

I'll go dig the devel kit out tomorrow and see what it has to say about
termset.

Thanks Willard.

> Willard

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
We fight only when there is no other choice.  We prefer the ways of
peaceful contact.
		-- Kirk, "Spectre of the Gun", stardate 4385.3