[Coco] Is anyone using Dynastar yet?

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sat Jan 7 20:52:23 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: gene heskett
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:05 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] Is anyone using Dynastar yet?

On Saturday, January 07, 2012 07:52:53 PM gene heskett did opine:

> I now have the manual that came with that copy of version 3.4 of Dynastar
> (all of that has now been declared Public Domain in case anyone is worried
> about the copyright status, see a post on the Flex User Group list) but
> while the two files I need to play with are discussed, its only an
> overview, with zero definitions of what bite does what.  Since it uses the
> scred idea of a termset file to adapt it to the various coco/ansi/term
> screens, there might be something about the termset files variables in the
> level 2 development kit which I have, but there is a second file, also
> looked for in /dd/sys, called ds.init, which may have similar functions,
> and while I have one of those, it sure doesn't resemble the dump I located
> somewhere in the first 14 pages of google hits, 95% of which were for
> Dynastar Ski's.
>
> So I'm still stumbling around in the dark with rapidly failing batteries
> in
> my flashlight.
>
> Are there any clues out there in dusty mental attics that might help me
> decode this puzzle?
>
> Thanks everybody.
> Cheers, Gene

Is that possibly a newer version of DynaStar that uses the termset file? If
so, I'd love to get a copy. The only versions I can remember use a gotoxy
module, but my mind isn't quite what it used to be. There's quite a
collection on http://os9usergroup.com/fufu_downloads.htm, including DynaStar
2.3 and what appears to be the source code on dynas23.dsk.