[Coco] OS-9 Level 1

Sun Feb 26 23:45:44 EST 2012

Hi,

While I have thrown another computer into the electronic recycle pile, I
have not given up yet.

My Win95 Mitac computer which was giving all the read errors on the OS-9
floppies suddenly turned the screen white-green.

May it RIP.

-----------------------

Starting over, I booted my Win XP computer using a Win 98 SE boot floppy and
recopied the disks using "OS9" this time.

Remember, I keep telling others to use John's instead of Jeff's MSDOS
emulator "RETRIEVE".

I should have follow my own advise!

I am not saying that I now have good copies, but three of the four disks
were copied to an  OS-9 80T2S disk.

I had a copy of that disk on my Vista computer but looking at it, it was
short.

So, I think that I have a full copy of that disk now, but I am getting a 214
error????

Anyway, with what I think is a copy is the fourth disk, I think I have a
complete set.

But one that may need to be put together from parts as the copies on the
80T2S disk are of course not bootable.

What is the MSDOS command to "CHX" after booting from a floppy?

I just cannot remember.

More later, I need to think about how to proceed.

SHF