[Coco] High speed tape mod...?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 19:07:26 EST 2012

I know what you mean Aaron, I've had several cassette players that hit the wall and never spoke "Cocoease" again. Oddly enough, the best recorder I had that lasted the longest was my wife's "Boombox" that I had bought her for X-Mas one year. It had no remote plug so I had to manually start and stop it but I never lost a file. I think one thing that helped was it didn't have an "auto-leveling" function, so I had complete control of the volume. I had the door off the side I used for the Coco (dual deck) and I could adjust the heads on the fly. There was never anyone sooo happy when RS put the the 502 on the manager's special at tax time one year... after a little over 5 years of vacuming up cassette player parts from the living room floor.

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com