[Coco] Example basic code for screen grid

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:43:39 EST 2012

Have you thought about just using the 32 column text screen?  You could
then have a grid of 32 x 16 squares that you can turn on and off by using
print@ commands.

10 cls0
20 print at 250,chr$(32);
30 print at 300,chr$(32);

Just an example, but you have to remember the semicolon or it won't work
right.  You could also poke 32 into your black screen to turn on the dots
(can't remember the screen addresses off the top of my head) and 128 to
turn them off.  The poke method would work better as you don't need to use
a semicolon and won't scroll the screen accidentally.  You can also pick
different colours to light the squares.  Poking a 255 into a screen
location will give you an orange dot instead of a green one for example.

I'd use the text screen rather than a semigraphics screen because the coco
3 can't use the semigraphics screen.