[Coco] DriveWire 3

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Feb 19 17:58:09 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 02:04:22PM -0800, K. Pruitt wrote:

> Is it possible to create an actual physical coco disk to replace cloading
> the wav file from the host pc?

Possible, but somewhat painful.  Since I've already done it, get
http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/coco/hdbdw3boot.zip

Write this to a physical disk (or just copy the files to a physical
disk, there's no magical hidden stuff)  and RUN"HDBDOS

Real credit to Robert Gault who shows the way!  I don't seem to have
the exact URL on hand but it's the cart2ram stuff on his page.

In addition to Gault's stuff, I had to wrap a proper DECB .BIN header
and footer around the .ROM file, which is a raw binary dump.

If your drivewire-presented disks have both an OS9 filesystem and an
HDBDOS "partition" you may need to mess with the offset pokes in
HDBDOS.BAS.  I'm afraid I can't help you with that...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard