[Coco] Liber809

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 19 14:42:22 EST 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> I wanted to make you all aware of a project that I've been wanting to do for some time, and have finally gotten working (with Gary Becker's design help and some input from James Daggett).  It's called the Liber809 and is a 6809 daughterboard that replaces the 6502 CPU found in the Atari 8 bit computers such as the Atari 400/800/130XE/etc.  I've currently got a handwired prototype running on an Atari XEGS.

What a phenomenally interesting idea, especially with the possibility of NitrOS-9. We have loved the CoCo due to the power of OS-9, but the video and audio was always lacking compared to machines like the Commodore 64. Something like this would be very interesting to me, and certainly could make NitrOS-9 live on with a much larger user base.

Will you have any type of blog site (like John did with his retro challenge game) on progress?
-
Allen Huffman • PO Box 22031 • Clive IA 50325 * 515-999-0227
Sent from my MacBook.