[Coco] Off the wall question

Sun Feb 19 00:49:12 EST 2012

Hi,

DECB is wonderful, is it not!

There are many programs that will do a DIR, but if you want to stop DECB you
have to hit "Shift+@" very quickly.

ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/cocodudes%20upload/coco%20stuff/dsk%20files/CC3UTIL1.DSK

and files nearby may have some of the dir utilities.

ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/netrunnrs_uploads/disks/D01.dsk

and files nearby may have some of the dir utilities.

Now if you were running NitrOS-9, I and many others could tell you how.

But DECB, once I moved to OS-9, was something to avoid.

(I had to look up "Shift+@" in the Quick Reference Guide, I knew that it
existed but the key stroke was long gone from my memory. )

I do have a disk of the utilities that I used, but looking at it, too much
was strange. I remember one program collected the file names from the disks
and a second one did a big slow sort of them and a third one printed the
list out on my printer.

Today, I would look at the disks using CoCoDskUtil on my Vista laptop.

SHF