[Coco] ROMs

Fri Feb 17 01:07:41 EST 2012

Hi,

opps, sorry.

My reading backward was in error trying to determine your computer.

In any case, what are the errors you are seeing.

> Yeah, I got the ones from
> ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/Original%20ROM%20images.zip, and even
> though they may be different ones from what I already have, I still get
> the
> errors I've been getting.

You have been MESS ing around with what you should be staying away from.

Those are the wrong roms! IMHO, others can confirm that MESS has a different
format.

With my XP SP3 laptop I was able to start the CoCo 3 emulator and get the
starting screen using "CMD".

Note, this was my PAID version, I did download the FREE version but messed
up and added the roms to my PAID version and started it. Is not 8.3
filenames fun!

DECB did start but the colors are all wrong.

I got the roms from:

ftp://www.rtsi.com/RSDOS/incoming/Coco3%206309%20Emulator.zip

I think the wrong colors were discussed for W7, but this is XP SP3.

In any case, I DID NOT run the CoCo 3 emulator(s) using "CMD"!

DOSBOX at least is needed, I ran the CoCo 3 emulator(s) using Windows 98 SE
and / or MSDOS!!!

I have a FAT32 partition on my XP SP3 computer which IS NECESSARY.

Free tools are available online, but beware, they were created by Finux
folks who hate windows and produce tools that do not work at best and
destroy your computer if they can.

Pardon my tone, but I have run every MS OS since MSDOS 3.3 and just do not
thinking about doing some things.

SHF