[Coco] Coco text editor...

Thu Feb 16 22:50:06 EST 2012

Hi,

There is no editor AFAIK that will "load a text file from a disk image in
vcc". CoCoDskUtil may do what you wish, I remember it also had problems with
this.

There are two ways that I use to transfer files from CoCo "dsk" files and PC
files.

First is the PORT utility in Jeff's and John's emulator. John's one is
preferred as he fixed some things Jeff did not do right.

Yes it is awkward to use, but it works ALL the time.

http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62#p62

If you want a visual way to transfer the files, perhaps with some problems
that I need to find again and tell the author about.

CoCoDskUtil

http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57#p57

Go up one higher level and there is a redirect to the file.

I thought that I created a topic for the best editor IMHO for the PC, but I
cannot find it.

http://www.contexteditor.org/

SHF