[Coco] The Mark Twain of operating systems...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 01:03:44 EST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 12:01 AM, haywire666 at aol.com wrote:

> I wish someone would port nitros09 to x86, or better yet... ARM.
> Small, lightweight, effecient, it would be an excellent netbook os also I think.

I wonder if there would be any purpose of taking the 6309 NitrOS-9 and recreating it in C, as an app that could run on top of other OS's for playing with, or as something that could run AS an OS (much more work at that level for drivers, etc.).

That's pretty much how OS-9000 (today known as OS-9 for XXX) came to be, as a Portable OS-9 that could be targeted easily to new architectures...

		-- Allen