[Coco] Coco 2 RF

Jeremy Michea jmichea at bell.net
Tue Feb 14 16:40:06 EST 2012

“As for your problem, I have never seen it, but since I am a CET, my best
guess would be a dried out capacitor in your coco's video circuitry,
causing the modulation to be much less than the 90% or so it was designed
for, which in turn gives a very low contrast, and likely hard to sync to,
image on a tv.”

Thanks Gene. That was kind of what I was looking for. I guess I still wasn’t wording the question properly as some assumed I didn’t know if Composite was simply better. It was more of wondering if it was simply a matter of the poor RF or if there was a deeper issue.
For the record, I’m more than aware that composite is better quality than RF. I didn’t fall off the coco turnip truck yesterday

Sadly though I don’t have an oscilloscope. Assuming the problem is the one you describe would it simply be a matter of desoldering the old capacitor and soldering in a new one? Unfortunately I don’t have the soldering skills. I’ve never done it before although I have been wanting to learn, just not enough hours in the day at the moment. Thanks Gene for the answer though I appreciate it.