[Coco] Emulator help

Tue Feb 14 13:30:21 EST 2012

Hi,

What computer and OS are you using?

The further you get away from MSDOS up the MS OS sequence the worse it gets.

The OS I would recommend is Windows 98 SE as you can get into MSDOS mode
nicely.

Have you run the Test program in Jeff's CoCo 2 emulator to see if your
system is up to running the CoCo 3 emulator?

If you are running Vista or W7 I suggest you take a look at VCC which is
much more usable on them as it is a Windows program. There are ways to run
MSDOS programs on Vista and W7 but hey are not nice IMHO.

Your results are not stupid, you are trying to run a old program designed
for MSDOS on a much more modern OS perhaps that does not allow some things
to be done.

Perhaps someone can post the instructions on how to put Windows 98 SE onto a
stick USB drive and use your computer in a dual boot mode if your computer
would allow it.

I would also like to get those instructions also.

The bottom line, while VCC has it's limitations, I can do my simple tasks
with it. Others can run their games.

I am perhaps the last person to be interested in John's and Jeffs's
emulators, perhaps because I ran then so long. I have tools that make it a
viable option.

Most people today wish to Mess around.

SHF