[Coco] New Improved Nitros9 Booting

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:17:42 EST 2012

Mike,

Although I'm far from an expert in nos9 matters (I know enough to boot
it....) I don't think your use of 'cobbler' will mean anything.  If I
understand, 'cobbler' just modifies the LSN0 of a RBF filesystem to
point to the OS9Boot file.  Which is fine.  CoCoBoot doesn't really
need the entry in LSN0 anymore.  The "wizard" will try to find
"OS9Boot" as a regular file in root, and resort to the LSN0 if it
doesn't exist (AKA "unlinked" it from the directory...in unix
terminology).

Maybe an old-timer os9'er could chime in here.

Brett