[Coco] Disk Problems

K. Pruitt pruittk at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 9 20:32:10 EST 2012

I'm having a disk problem and figured I'd ask if anybody here has any idea
on what may be going on.  Under OS9 Level II I am having no disk problems at
all.  I can read and write without problem.  Under RSDOS I can read the disk
with no problem but cannot write to the disk.  If I try and save to disk it
appears to save, but the file is not actually present on the disk.  If I
turn verify on it errors out instead of pretending to write to disk.  DSKINI
always results in an I/O error.  This problem occurs on both floppy drives
in my system.

My disk controller is a disto super controller 2 with a tandy rom chip in
it.  Does OS9 utilize that rom chip at all?   I double checked the inside of
the pack and everything is plugged in correctly.  I'm the original owner of
all the equipment involved.  It did work the last time I used it... which
was like 20 years ago.

Thanks for any help you can provide.