[Coco] Coco interfacing, running a coco from 12 volts and more.

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Feb 7 21:21:30 EST 2012

Check December 1986 - February 1987 of the Rainbow magazine - it's a 3
part series called "CoCo ROS" (Robot Operating System) by Dennis H.
Weide; it uses two 8255 PIAs, a 74LS32 and a 74LS00 to interface with
the ROM port, plus some 74LS244 octal buffers between the 8255's and the
"outside world" for interfacing. The article series shows how to hood up
to relays and transistors, etc; as well as programming it. The author
apparently used it to control the motors in a Robotix toy (construction
kit).

Another possibility is to interface the microcontroller via the
bit-banger serial port or via an RS-232 cartridge - not quite the same,
but could be a powerful combination...

Good luck, hope this helps!

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona