[Coco] coco system alpha

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 18:19:17 EST 2012

In a message dated 2/7/2012 5:18:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
boisy at tee-boy.com writes:

>Roy,

>Very nice and tidy.

>How are you forming each  piece?  Cutting by hand using a jig?  What type
of wood are you  using?

>I presume whatever it is, it can be  stained/sealed?

>Best Regards,
>Boisy G. Pitre

 I cut each piece by hand using a miter box.   All the lag  screws
are counter sunk by about 1/2 inch.    It is made of 2x2 and  2x4 finish
wood
and can be stained if desired.    I was thinking of selling  pre-cut
kits with numbered pieces so everyone who wants one can
share.....

This system features 4 of the old grey drives with the coco logo on  the
front  ,35 track single sided.   They all work  flawlessly.   The main unit
is the last and best of the gray models with a full 64k  memory.    It also
has an 8 bit DAC,  Separate monochrome and color video outputs and  a
line level sound output.    There is an 80 col card and  associated monitor,
a color monitor and two amplified speakers driven by a stereo sound  pak.

She has a DMP 110 which shakes the house when it works but it does
work.    And the best part is all this stuff was purchased  before 1985
except
the speakers and the two middle drives.    It is over 20  years old and
works
perfectly.   Solid as a rock.......

Roy