[Coco] How to get into CoCo 6809 assembly?

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Sun Feb 5 21:00:53 EST 2012

Trying to resist joke on providing instructions on how to assemble a
TRS-80 Color Computer...

Seriously, as a reference, manual, I was quite impressed with "TRS-80
Color Computer Assembly Language Programming" by William Barden, Jr.
It is a very good reference that isn't just some sort of "assembly
language dictionary", or other fluff book.   It starts from the
beginning and gives some real examples, sort of like the other Radio
Shack books of the day (e.g. "Getting Started with Color Basic",
etc).  It's a good start for someone who may know nothing about
assembly, but otherwise has a good head on their shoulders.
    Sorry, I don't think you'll find Barden's book at Radio Shack
these days, though.
               - Aaron