[Coco] CoCo 3 RAM upgrade question

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 1 18:37:19 EST 2012

Blake,

These are the RAS / CAS filter caps.

I would one lead of both caps Try to leave a bit of the lead intact in case you want to return it to 128K configuration.

What is mostly likely occurring is that with all of the chips, x4, the added capacitance is skewing / loading the RAS/CAS signal down.

Doing this will not effect any 512k board I have ever seen.

After the clip, it still might not work, in that case, the RAM is bad. Always fun to find the bad ONE!!!

You are getting an education. from the floppy controller to DRAM! :)

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com

.