[Coco] Help with floppy disk setup - first time user

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Feb 1 09:48:09 EST 2012

On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 09:40:31 AM Blake Patterson did opine:

> Thanks for all the advice, folks.
>
> Here is a photo of the inside of that FD-500.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/blakespot/6801368113/in/photostream
>
> Things look in order? I just cleaned the contacts with isopropyl and
> q-tips -- they were dirty, but no help / no change.

1. Ispropyl will not clean the oxidation from the card edge finger
patterns, you'll need to use something like a pencil eraser for that.

I don't like that discoloration around the lower right 7406, possible
corrosion?

If, when the controller is plugged in, and the coco turned on, and assuming
other game carts work normally, what do you get as a sign on screen when
you turn the coco on?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Minors in Kansas City, Missouri, are not allowed to purchase cap pistols;
they may buy shotguns freely, however.