[Coco] Success! Re: HDB-DOS build fixes. Untested as of yet.

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Dec 30 22:55:50 EST 2012

Juan's messages got me working again on HDBDOS 1.4 for Drivewire and I've got
the Coco1 version working!!

In addition to the conditionals in the dwread.asm and dwwrite.asm files there
also is a problem with the make file. Here is the Coco1 section. Note the line
marked with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# DW3 CoCo 1
hdbdw3cc1.rom: ../cocoroms/ecb_equates.asm hdbdos.asm
  mamou -aDW -aLevel=1 -aBAUD38400 -q -mr ../cocoroms/ecb_equates.asm hdbdos.asm
-o$@

hdbdw3cc1.bin: preload postload hdbdw3cc1.rom
  cat preload hdbdw3cc2.rom postload > $@       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hdbdw3cc1.wav: hdbdw3cc1.bin
  dd if=$< bs=1 skip=5 of=hdbtmp count=8240
  makewav hdbtmp -r -d0x4fd0 -e0x4fd0 -o$@ -nHDBDW3C1
  rm hdbtmp

That line should be

cat preload hdbdw3cc1.rom postload > $@

in order to correctly create the LOADM version of the ROM.

I've changed the conditionals in the attached routines. They may not be minimal
code but are much easier, I think, to follow.

Robert