[Coco] HDB-DOS build fixes. Untested as of yet.

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 18:13:16 EST 2012

Charlie,
In playing around with lower level dw cmds while working on my dw manager, I crash the Coco and the emulator quite often. The screen you describe is exactly what I see on most crashes. This happens on the real Coco as well as VCC so it's definately software generated and not hardware. It seems to happen most when my data structures get out of hand and overwrite the $ff00-$ffff area. If the HDBDOS code is situated the same as it is for the Coco3 1.4 version, the DW read and write routines are very near the end of ram/rom. First check and make sure the code is compiling at the right size. There is no room for extra code there. I'm pretty sure Robert Gault or David Ladd can give you the max size that it can compile to. Also, if the routines are over-writing the code, then there's a good possibility it's running right past it into the $FFxx regs.

Just a thought..
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com