[Coco] Updating a CoCo 1's CB and ECB ROMs

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 23:24:20 EST 2012

I've been mulling this for some time. Cloud9's DOS Adapter does in
fact just this (meant for the disk controller) but there's no way two
of them will fit side by side. (2.2 cm = 0.86 in)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FG64tPpeIkBej6KAUXzly29XcHdiH80reA6_ygAbi6M

Gustavo's CoCo 2 is like this. I don't know if the distance is the same:

https://plus.google.com/photos/109465536824672578462/albums/5826078853650364673/5826078966275100194

I would need a PCB that goes into both sockets, and has one 27128 (or
perhaps a 27256 with a jumper for bank select) -- has anyone done
something like this? Cloud9 guys, do you think this would be viable as
a product? Or... Mark, what about a Flash version?

Or, a simpler, dirtier solution: just one DOS Adapter, and then I pull
a wire from A13 to the proper pin of the socket. Would that work?

Juan