[Coco] MCC-216

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Fri Dec 21 16:49:10 EST 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 8:36 PM, Bill Loguidice<bill at armchairarcade.com>  wrote:

  but certainly something
like an MCC-216, a low-cost programmable FPGA device, probably would,
especially since it both encourages a type of hacking and is something that
could be sold as a straight up product for non-casual consumers. The
MCC-216, for example, presently runs ZX Spectrum, C-64, Amiga, Apple II,
and Atari 2600 cores. No reason we couldn't eventually have CoCo family
cores created at some point...

And something like that is probably precisely what would fit with RadioShack, if it could be done affordably. They could launch it with emulation layers to act like all the old RadioShack computers, and tie it in to an anniversary

I just looked this up. If it will support Amiga emulation it will support the CoCo3.

 From the developer's website:

4) Which Classic Computers
are next for the MCC?

Today, our focus is on emulating the Commodore C64, AMIGA and the ATARI
2600.
However, we are always open to additional suggestions regarding the
classic computer.
If you have suggestions for additional cores you would like to see,
please send us an email.

If you have developed a classic computer written for an FPGA (Verilog or
VHDL),
please contact us and view the development section of this page.

If you would like to get a special developer version of the Multiple
Classic Computer hardware and a Software Development Kit (SDK) to get
started with VHDL or C

If you are interested in some development with the Multiple Classic
Computerand would like more details, please contact us.

*__*

**If you would like to get a special developer version of the Multiple
Classic Computer hardware and a Software Development Kit (SDK) to get
started with VHDL or C development, please contact us as well.*
*

*

If you have expertise in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) design or
ASIC design experience and/or own a classic computer design, we would be
happy to talk to you.

Please send an email to:
Contact at ArcadeRetroGaming.com <mailto:contact at arcaderetrogaming.com>

This info and details can be found at http://mcc-home.com/4.html

These things are $149 at http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/arcaderetrogaming
The S-video version is listed, but they have a VGA output version as
well. Should be same price??

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine