[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Infocom games - forwarded.

Eric euhill at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 15:09:02 EST 2012

No, I didn't know the group had those up. I found a site that had all of them in one zip file and got them from there. I was in the process of comparing the game play and disk formats for the Apple IIe, Comodore 64, and the Coco. The only difference I have seen so far is that Zork 1 plays a bit differently on the Comodore. It appears to be something to do with how the Comodore z-machine interpreter handles random numbers. Killing the troll was far more difficult than normal. Also had the thief show up at the same time I did in the troll room and the troll killed my all in one turn in one instance. As for the disk formats,it appears Infocom used pretty much the same method on all three computers, having everything written directly to the disks sectors.