[Coco] OT: End of the world

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Fri Dec 21 00:49:13 EST 2012

Aaron Banerjee wrote:

> Out here, there has been talk of a major catastrophe, or "end of the world"
> on 21 Dec 2012 (tomorrow) based upon the Mayan calendar (that most people
> probably never heard of, much less worried about until the end-of-the-world
> issue was brought up).
>
> It occurred to me that it is already tomorrow for our Australian friends.
> Did the world in fact end?

Wasn't there an Outer Limits (new version) or similar that had a scientist
(presumably astronomer?) inferring that the world had, in fact, already
started to end and that they probably wouldn't see sun up?

Ok, google means I don't have to have a long term memory:  it's Inconstant
Moon by Larry Niven.

..ciaran