[Coco] OT: End of the world - Calendar program

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Thu Dec 20 19:59:58 EST 2012

I've actually met people of Mayan descent in the past, but don't have
any contacts any more.  I was hoping the world wouldn't end before I
could celebrate my 30th year as a Coconut (1982) when I got my first
computer on Christmas day...

Seriously, I'm surprised that calendar worked as long as it did.  Ours
didn't last anywhere near as long before we needed leap years/minutes/
seconds, or other adjustments.

To keep this Coco, I was thinking of writing a calendar program for
those who use lunar calendars (Hindu, Jewish, Islam, Chinese) to keep
track of your holidays, etc.  There would be a free version for the
Coco.  I've got a few of these calendars figured out, but might need
some help with others.

      - Aaron