[Coco] composite / s-video to hdmi

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Mon Dec 17 18:43:00 EST 2012

Try looking at Amiga and Atari ST sites for monitor recommendations.
They use similar monitors (especially the Amiga). Might have to do some
sync manipulation though. Getting a monitor that will work sure beats
adapters, but could cost a lot more...

These two Dell LCD monitors were recommended by an Amiga site.

Dell st2320L
<http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-9333&baynote_bnrank=2&baynote_irrank=0&%7Eck=baynoteSearch>

Dell st2420L
<http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-9334&baynote_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&%7Eck=baynoteSearch>

along with these two LCD TVs.

Toshiba TIMM MM20E45 TV/multisync (VGA connected)

Sharp LC42DH77E works fine with VGA and SCART. It syncs down to 15KHz.

I think I have something in TLW about using Amiga monitors and what is
needed to change the sync. Will have to make sure!

There is a long list of 15KHz compatible monitors on the site below,
just scroll down past the stuff on the cables/adapters.
http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/monadapt.htm

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine