[Coco] composite / s-video to hdmi

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Dec 17 17:36:05 EST 2012

On 12/17/2012 6:09 AM, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Here in Brazil we have two LCD monitors that accept 15Khz through the
> VGA connector. They are the Samsung 510n and LG M1721a, this last even
> has RF, composite and Svideo input. Bellow are the excelent reviews
> done by Victor Trucco:
>
> http://www.victortrucco.com/Diversos/Monitor510N/Monitor510N.asp
>
> http://www.victortrucco.com/Diversos/MonitorM1921A/MonitorM1921A.asp
>

> But Coco3 has a inverted sync on his RGB output (positive instead of
> negative), so it has to be modified internally to work with those
> monitors. Bellow are the mod done on Juan`s Coco3:
>
> http://www.victortrucco.com/Diversos/ConsertoCoco3/ConsertoCoco3.asp

Unfortunately it is in a language that I can not read.  All I can do is
try to follow the pictures.

If it is just a sync polarity issue, would it be possible to steal
enough power from somewhere on the cable to run a chip or transistor to
invert the sync polarity with out hacking the computer?

If I were to modify the computer, I would try to add a SVGA connector so
that I could use a standard cable.

But from what you say, it could be hit or miss as to what just works and
what does not.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network