[Coco] orchestra 90

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 12:42:10 EST 2012

Does anyone know the address that reroutes the sound output of the Orch90 cart to the TV?
I remember reading somewhere that there's an address to poke that allows sound to come from the cart port to the dac. I know the dac has to be turned on but I need the address for the sound rerouting. It may be part of the sound on routine... another bit to set or something.

My Musica player for the Sound Chaser program plays fine through the Orch90, but the sound is not coming out of the TV, only the phono jacks on the pak.
When using the Orch90 in it's native mode, the sound comes from the TV as well. And if I remember right, this is just a switch to allow the generated audio come out the speaker. It's not writing to the dac like waveform players do. If it was, the sound would not be so clear. It's using Orch90's 8 bit dacs and routing the signal to the sound output. I think the RS Speech & Sound pak, the Speech Systems Stereo pak and the Speech Systems Symphony 12 all have this same feature. If I remember right, this is a pin on the cart slot for this purpose, passing sound from the cart to the Coco.

I've looked through the various manuals online for these paks, but there seems to be no info on this feature.

Any info on this is helpful
thanx
Bill P

Bill Pierce