[Coco] MESS issues

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 12:06:29 EST 2012

That's the very reason I dont use Mess. the last few versions don't run well. It's slow (on a quad core w/8g) and has to be overclocked to work.
As for the repeating keys, you must be using the rgbdos roms for vhd use. Rgbdos has the flexikey system similar to shell plus in OS9. If you're not using vhds in mess or vcc, just opt for regular rsdos rom and the repeats should dissappear. I don't see where it's a problem in VCC, it takes about a second holding down a key before it starts to repeat and that's with everything overclocked. I haven't had any problem with the key repeat.
In Mess... I don't know. I only use it maybe once in a while when something won't run in VCC and I usually run it in regular rsdos so I don't see the key repeat.

Also, there should be a poke to set the delay for the repeat and maybe even shut it off. ask Robert Gault.
Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com