[Coco] USB keyboard interface for CoCo

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 7 19:31:47 EST 2012

On Dec 7, 2012, at 5:44 PM, William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:

> I have an AT/PS2 adapter and a PS2/USB adaptor stacked into my AT keyboard adapter. It's been working fine with any USB keyboard I've thrown at it.

The keyboard itself has to detect and switch to using the pins in PS/2 serial mode. Not all keyboards do that, apparently, and it's becoming less all the time as we get further away from legacy interfaces like PS/2.

Soon I will have a USB Host part to experiment with, and see if I can crack open a CoCo and get it going with a USB keyboard.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.