[Coco] CoCo 2 Stuff for sale

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Dec 6 14:36:13 EST 2012

On Thursday 06 December 2012 14:17:57 Brian Blake did opine:

> On 12/6/2012 12:50 PM, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> > FYI: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300829559600
> >
> > --
>
> Jeez... some of the stuff in this auction is more rare than an honest
> politician...
>
> Brian

Out of the many I have had a chance to meet over my 45 years in
broadcasting, only one really impressed me, but sadly he got brain cancer
and I think has now run out of time.  New Mexico's Senator Pete Dominici.
He could wrangle deals with the best of them, but he ALWAYS had the folks
who elected him at the top of his list.  One notch below the Constitution &
Bill of Rights.  Those were NOT compromisable in his view.

Congress is not supposed to have much to do with civil service, but he and
the Gent from Wyoming were so incensed by a BATF proposal in 1977 or 78,
that the two of them got together and set a precedent by removing that
officials salary from the BATF budget, enjoined them from moving any other
monies they might have laying around into an account they could write
paychecks to him from, removed the 4.7 million dollars this guy had ear-
marked to implement the plan, AND enjoined them from moving any other
monies into the project.  Passed the senate 97-0, and the house the next
day by 529-2.

The scheme?  Register _all_ our guns.  The guy's name who was effectively
fired from his job by near unanimous votes in both houses?  A Mr. Richard
Davis.